Protect Your Sexual Health
- DO use a condom every time you have sex, even if you are using another form of contraceptive.
- DO read the package and check the expiration date.
- DO have an open dialogue with your partner(s) before engaging in sexual activity.
- DO make sure there are no tears or defects.
- DO store condoms in a cool, dry place.
- DO use latex or polyurethane condoms.
- DO use a water-based or silicone-based lubricant to prevent breakage.
- DO put a new condom on each time you switch between oral, vaginal, and anal sex.
- DO use condoms on sex toys and change them, especially if you’re sharing toys.
- DON’T be afraid to talk to your partner(s) about contraceptives.
- DON’T store condoms in hot places like your car or wallet.
- DON’T use nonoxynol-9 (a spermicide), as this can cause irritation.
- DON’T use oil-based products like baby oil, lotion, petroleum jelly, or cooking oil because they will cause the condom to break.
- DON’T use more than one condom at a time.
- DON’T reuse a condom.
- DON’T use a condom that is torn or outdated.
- DON’T flush used condoms down the toilet.
Mail-Order Condom Request Form