Application Deadline: Until Filled
Position Title: Temporary Part-Time Hourly RN’s or LPN’s
Paygrade: Pay Dependent Upon Education & Experience ~ (Unclassified)
Location: Negotiable within the Southeast Health District
Description of Duties:
Clinical team members are expected to be flexible and operate in any role assigned throughout the day including but not limited to registration, vaccine administration, specimen collection, and traffic control. Provide patient education and excellent customer service. Adheres to protocols set in place for vaccine administration and specimen collection, including but not limited to appropriate patient identification, registration, preparation and administration of vaccine, COVID-19 specimen collection (nasopharyngeal and/or pharyngeal swabs and/or venipuncture), labeling, requisitioning, and preparation of specimens for transport to the lab by courier. Ensures that all safety precautions, HIPAA requirements and data entry are accurate and acknowledged.
Clinical team members may assist with set up and breakdown of drive through sites, traffic control, and maintaining flow for each facility and/or event. Assist the Resource Coordinator with preparation of supplies for each clinic including but not limited to; organizing, packing and stocking supplies for each facility.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Collection of COVID-19 specimens from individuals presenting for COVID-19 test. This may include the use of the following specimen collection types: oropharyngeal swab, nasal mid-turbinate swab, anterior nares swab, nasopharyngeal wash/aspirate, saliva collection, and nasal aspirate. This would also include any additional appropriate specimen collection types for diseases related to a declared public health emergency.
- Vaccine Administration. Administer vaccinations during designated events such as mass vaccination clinics or in the event of a declared public health emergency.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, work ethic, enthusiasm, customer service, and professionalism.
- Will be responsible for following all state and federal laws pertaining to specimen collection
- Completes all documentation needed for specimen collection.
- Responsible for daily set-up/teardown of specimen collection sites.
- Assist with inventory control of all supplies at collection locations (expiration dates, stocking of supplies).
- Engages in excellent customer service with patient collection encounters.
- Maintains cleanliness of the specimen collection area.
- Packages laboratory specimens.
RN’s- Associate’s degree/diploma in nursing from an accredited college AND Completion of a PHN Course within one year of hire AND Current Georgia Registered Professional Nurse license AND CPR certification.
LPN’s- Vocational/Technical degree in licensed practical nursing from an accredited college AND current Georgia license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse AND CPR certification AND completion of all necessary orientation and training for Public Health LPN. No experience required.
Bilingual. Services in community settings. Experience with vaccine administration.
Please click on the link below to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NOTE: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.