Wayne County, Georgia's
28th county, was created in 1803 from Creek Indian land. The county
bears the name of a flamboyant Pennsylvania commander in the
Revolutionay War, General "Mad" Anthony Wayne. Until 1850, the county
bragged that it had no jails and needed none.
Wayne County includes
three incorporated municipalities: Jesup, Odum and Screven. The county
seat was moved to Jesup in 1874. The current courthouse, built in
1803, is on the National Register of Historic Places.
For health information
on the county, visit
Wayne Memorial is the the local
County Health Dept.
Nurse Manager - Stacie Drew, RN, BSN
Environmental Health - Craig Sims
240 Peachtree Street
Jesup, GA 31545-0212
Hours of operation:
Click on dark blue shaded
area for image of detailed map.
Check out these
Southeast Health District
1101 Church Street
Waycross, GA 31501
design, hosting and maintenance by InterWeb Designs, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2012 by InterWeb Designs, Inc. All rights reserved.
This website may not be copied or reproduced in any form, in whole or in part,
by anyone without the express written permission of InterWeb Designs, Inc.