Jeff Davis County was
created in 1905 form parts of Appling and Coffee counties. Georgia's
140th county was named for Jefferson Davis, President of the
Confederacy. Davis had served as the U.S. Secretary of War prior to
the Civil War.
The county has two
municipalities: Hazlehurst, the largest and the county seat, and
Denton. Hazlehurst was named for Colonel George Hazlehurst, a civil
engineer who surveyed the Macon & Brunswick Railroad. In August of
1995, Hazlehurst celebrated its "Censilver," 150 years of existence.
For health information
on the county, visit
Jeff Davis Hospital
is the local hospital.
Davis County Health Dept.
Nurse Manager - Patty Ellis, DPL
Environmental Health - Oscar Hulett
30 E. Sycamore St.
P O Box 603
Hazlehurst, GA 31539-6162
Hours of operation:
Click on dark blue shaded
area for image of detailed map.
Check out these
Southeast Health District
1101 Church Street
Waycross, GA 31501
design, hosting and maintenance by InterWeb Designs, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2012 by InterWeb Designs, Inc. All rights reserved.
This website may not be copied or reproduced in any form, in whole or in part,
by anyone without the express written permission of InterWeb Designs, Inc.